This Thursday was a bit rainy. By the time the race had started, the rain had stopped. Attending were me (Galen), Ian, Colin, Ronnie and Dux. Ronnie went in the First move of the evening that dangled off the front for a lap. A few others looked to bridge, Ian and Dux Covered. After a few laps of this it all came together on the downhill. I attacked at the base.
I got away with Kyle (Garage), Brent (Lenovo), AJ (Hagens) and another Hagens rider I didn't recognise. We worked together and fairly quickly put in a good twenty to thirty seconds. After a few laps the other Hagens guy was out. We continued to work togehter and pushed the gap up to a minute. I took the first three primes.
Meanwhile, in the pack Hone attacked with Ronnie on his wheel. Ronnie, reluctant to pull hone up to us didn't work much and forced Hone to work a bunch. The two of them were eventually reeled back to the pack.
At one point Venable (lenovo), chopped Ronnie's wheel. While Ian was scolding him people backed off and suddenly Venable and Ian had a gap. With this established they began to bridge.
Meanwhile up in the break we are duking it out for the last few primes. Just as i hear the bell for the last prime, I see Ian comming up all by his lonesome. I still want to get the last prime so I sit in and look for the sprint. AJ takes the prime and Kyle attacks. We all let Kyle go and I wait for Ian. We are now at about 3 laps to go.
Ian and I put in a few good pulls and reel Kyle back fairly handily. At a lap and a half to go we are catching Kyle; I attack. With a tired break from being off the front all evening there is not much motivation to chase me and I stay away for the win. Ian, sitting in, and clearly the best sprinter from who is left takes second. Colin takes second in the field sprint to Kenny.
A great evening of racing. We truly raced like Startled Panthers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was just another sexy Thursday night, baby!
ReplyDelete